Friday, May 15, 2015

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

Wow, it seems like just last week that I arrived at Messiah as a first year student...And now, I have let my first year residents fly. Where does the time go? Sometimes I look in the mirror and try to see the girl who left high school to come to this place, but I only see her in remnants that have been remade into new things. Here are just a few things that I have learned this year: 1) I am an introvert 2) Respect other people's wishes and desires 3) Be me always 4) A relationship with God is most important and sustains life 5) Sometimes, I can be too stubborn and narrow minded to see the other side 6) I like knowing the process 7) Sleep is a good thing 8) Nature noises relax me 9) It's okay to spend time alone 10) There are people like me in the world and therefore not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment