Friday, July 19, 2013

Livingston

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post for the week; I've been in Livingston enjoying God's creation. Let me tell you about all the cool things God has made! First of all, there's the animals. They are amazing. I've never seen so many giraffes, elephants, hippos, water buffalo (think VegiTales Silly Songs, I beg you), crocodiles, kudo, and mpalla in my life. And to think that God made them all blows my mind. That's not even counting the different bird species I saw. The baby elephants were my favorite. They were absolutely adorable! They followed their mothers, and I was reminded of the Asian elephants that connect following each other. And the mentality that all the animals have. They are by no means dumb. They have their own system and way of doing things. It really made me realize how attentive to detail God is. And if he's like that with the animals, I believe that he is at least that attentive to my life. The day after the safari, we saw Victoria Falls or as I prefer to call it Mosi-oa-Tunya, the smoke that thunders. And even in the dry season, boy did it thunder. I can't believe that I saw one of the seven wonders of the world. But the coolest thing about VicFalls to me is the fact that man can't take credit for making it. The Great Wall of China and the Pyramids have been made by man so I think that man takes the majority of the credit for it even though I believe that it still points to God. But with VicFalls, there's no denying that this was all God, that he placed each and every fall with his finger and took such care creating this master piece. But the craziest thing of all, is God says that we are made in his image so therefore are worth more to him than 100 VicFalls. That blows my mind. One other thing, if man ever stops praising God and the rocks and the waters cry out in worship to him, I think Mosi-oa-Tunya will be the first to make its worship known to our God. And I don't think it ever stops displaying the awesomeness of God because that's what he created it to do. God is good. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment