Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good News :)

I feel like God laughs at me when I doubt Him. I think He says to himself, "You don't think I can do you, Ally. Watch me!" Yeah I get the point. The conversations I've been able to have with some of the boys, one called David in particular, as a result of one devotion has proved that God is working. Our devotion was on Proverbs 16:3: Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed. It was joined with the previous day's devotion on Jeremiah 29:11: I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, they are plans for good and not for evil; to give you a hope and a future. We talked about how the only way to have these promises apply to our lives is to be born again. But the coolest thing was one of our visitors, a really awesome old man who had to have a theology degree, explained why we needed to be born again. And man, did he have their attention! He explained that Adam's spirit died when he ate the fruit and we inherited that dead spirit. That's the part of us that needs to be born again. So yesterday, I started having a conversation with David about the question he asked, "What do we do if we are praying but God doesn't answer our prayer?" He seems like a completely different David. And then today we talked about why we need to be born again, how do we prove that we are born again, and how do we make our friends believe that Jesus is alive. Amazing questions. Anyway, that's what's happening over here in Africa!

1 comment:

  1. God is stretching and stretching you, Ally. He is preparing you to have ready answers from His Word. Continue diligently serving Him and He will give you the desires of your heart.....the desires of His Heart!

    ReplyDelete