Monday, July 8, 2013

Mikene

I know that there is a God, and that he is big enough to change hearts. I saw proof today when I visited Chisomo of Mikene. These are children that have been moved off the street and into a shelter. God has changed their lives. The difference between the shelter children and the drop in center children is like night and day. God has transformed their lives at the shelter and has given them hope. During introductions, they told us their ambitions. Ambitions! What I would give to hear a drop in center child say that they had ambitions and not just to get money. The shelter children were also able to explain to me why some of the kids run away from the shelter and go back to the street. The love of money, drugs, and freedom are too tempting for some. They said that it is a really hard decision to give up those things that you have based your life on. But all of them seemed content, very happy, and not wanting to go back to their old life. God has changed them. I am curious to learn about the journey that they have had to go on to become the people they are today. I plan to ask them and get to know more about their lives. Takwabe ubwaba nga Yesu; There's no one like Jesus. Amen? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment